Want to find something? Type it in here!
Most Recent Posts
- The Three R’s Workshop: Relax, Rest and Rejuvenate!
- Why meditate?
- Endorphins: Boost your mood, reduce stress and get trim!
- Thank you for supporting North House at Karma Yoga!
- Eight weeks of meditation can change your life!
- Searching for Happiness – Notes from our workshop
- November Yoga Workshop, “Searching for Happiness”
- Yoga for Stress: Ten Tips for Managing Your Stress
- It All Comes Down To Paper Clips
- Our big BBQ – minus the fun and the food!
Search for Posts by Subject
Category Archives: Meditation
Researchers have found that meditation not only reduces your stress levels and calms you, it can also reduce inflammation in your body. Check out this video by WebMD and see what you think! Continue reading
Watch this fascinating YouTube presentation by Dr. Ward Plunet (UBS research neuroscientist). He presents the results of a study that uses functional MRIs to scan the brains of people who had never meditated before – before and after they practiced mediation techniques for eight weeks. Continue reading
As promised, here are the notes from our last yoga workshop, “Searching for Happiness” (and as we know now – it is really an inside job!!). If you have any questions, please comment on this post and I will get back to you as soon as I can! In the meantime, I hope you enjoy your inner journey to peace, joy and wellbeing. Continue reading
Ten tips for managing your stress: From our October 18, 2012 Yoga for Stress Workshop Continue reading
Just trying to get to India for a yoga retreat is full of lessons that teach flexibility, patience and detachment. And that’s before a yoga pose is ever done… Continue reading
Greetings fellow Type A’s. Welcome to the world of frenzy, frenetic activity and futile energy. Take me to your leader, preferably a Type B or C – someone who is calm, serene, enlightened and relaxed. In other words, someone who … Continue reading